The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the studios IT infrastructure, and providing IT support to our client’s staff and clients.
This position is ideally suited to an IT graduate, with at least 3 years industry experience, and a broad knowledge of industry standard IT systems and principles.
This role involves working within the studios engineering department, you will help to support the studios extensive IT infrastructure as well as responding to general IT support requests.
Typical duties will include:
• Setting up new user accounts for staff and clients.
• Configuring VLANs, Firewall rules, and Internet bandwidth to meet with specific client requirements.
• Supporting a range of file and application servers.
• Providing 1st line support to studio staff, and BYOD serviced offices.
• Maintaining an archive of daily backups from all TW1 systems.
• Finding fast, professional solutions to a wide range of IT issues.
• Configuring client requests on the studios VOIP phone system.
• Ensuring that all IT systems and technical documentation are kept up to date.
• Support for various IP based technologies across the site including CCTV, Access control and VOIP telephony.
• Hands on installation and decommissioning of network and telecoms cabling.
• Help with the planning and implementation of site wide IT projects.
Technical skills required:
• A broad understanding of enterprise level IT systems, and associated standards and protocols.
• Experience configuring firewalls, switches, and WiFi APs from a variety of industry standard suppliers.
• Strong understanding of WiFi technology and associated authentication methods.
• An understanding of virtualized server environments.
• Experience managing Office365 email services.
• Ability to fault find and repair a variety of hardware, ranging from desktop to enterprise level.
• Experience with common file transfer methods including FTP, Aspera, Signiant.
• Expertise in both Mac and Windows operating systems at administrator level.
• Strong understanding of network storage technology.
• Ability to produce technical drawings using MS Visio.
• Competent in the use of hand and power tools.
• Able to be flexible with working hours at short notice.
Personal skills required:
We are looking for someone with :
• A personable team player who is able to prioritise and manage heavy workloads.
• A trustworthy and dependable personality, who can be relied upon to stay calm in high pressure situations.
• Excellent client-facing communication skills are essential.
• A methodical approach to fault finding and the ability to quickly find solutions in order to minimize downtime.