Software Tester – North East – 25 – 32K
25,000 - 32,000
We are working with a large commercial establishment, who are looking to expand their software development and graphic design teams.
Working in the software testing team, you will be responsible for testing the software developed by the software development team.
You will be involved in the full development lifecycle and will create test plans and test cases to ensure full test coverage of all features and components of the software and utilise automation to handle repetitive tasks. Some of the day to day tasks also include:
- Using new requirements and training on existing features you will produce, refine and maintain test plans and test cases to form a comprehensive test suite, aiming for full test coverage of all applications.
- Must plan all testing phases and activities to ensure time is scheduled to carry out full testing to meet delivery deadlines.
- Develop Selenium automated tests written in C# to increase the automated test coverage and ensure that where possible all areas of the software UI are tested on nightly builds.
- Keep up to date with advancements in browser technology, UI changes and hardware developments to ensure that the software is tested on all supported devices. You must also report back to the team on market share of browsers and platforms and make recommendations for compatibility support.
- Responsible for pull requests from GIT to test branches to allow you to test new developments.
- Track feature quality of the software and report in SCRUM retrospective meetings on areas of the software that regularly regress or are high risk. Maintaining a traceability matrix for all software features will aid with this process.
- As part of the test team you will report the ‘Product Owner’ each sprint on the previous sprints testing and make recommendations for process improvements.
- You must competently perform (where appropriate) all forms of testing including black box, white box, functionality, system, end-to-end, sanity, regression, acceptance and load testing.
- With the test team you must review processes and refine and improve efficiency at all stages and recognise potential weaknesses in release quality and address accordingly.
- Take responsibility with the test team for the quality of the software that is deployed and sign-off each and every release.
- You must confidently and clearly communicate issues found in testing to developers and ensure that all bugs fixes are traced back to the original commit. Then discuss with the developer why the bug was introduced and agree test cases (from both development and testing) to make sure the bug will not reoccur but if it does will be picked up in testing.
- Review all bugs found in the live environment and improve test coverage and processes to prevent the bugs getting to live in future. You must ultimately take responsibility for the bugs making it to live.
- Regularly groom the bug backlog.
- 3 years minimum testing experience in manual and automation testing on web based software platforms.
- Experience with agile development processes, bug tracking software such as TFS, Jira or similar.
- Must have experience developing and maintaining test cases and test plans.
- Must have experience working with source control such as GIT and understand branches and code control policies.
- Commitment to long term employment (especially in recent years) not continuously changing roles.
- Must be process driven – demonstrate a clear understanding of testing process
- Clear communicator – must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues with developers and managers
- Commitment to developing themselves and the testing process – demonstrate through courses, research etc.
- Ideally local (within 30-minute commute). Relocation tends to be less successful long term.
To be considered for this role, please apply or contact us on 0333 358 3241.