IT Project Manager – Birmingham – Prestigious Company – 45K + Benefits
IT Project Manager – Birmingham – 45K
Our Client has a forward thinking IT team which are looking to add a Project Manager to their department. They currently have a team of 17 people and are growing faster than ever.
They are Looking to bring on an IT Project Manager who will manage and maintain projects with a particular aim to deliver IT capabilities and projects that will add flair and experience to their current team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of project documentation (PID, status reports, change control notes, Business Case, BRS, Test and other key documentation)
- Ownership of work breakdown structure, production of estimates, project plans, engineering plans, finances, risk & contingency, scope management and change control
- Clearly fluent with business requirements, business process, delivery plans and the benefits cases for programmes of work.
- Discuss between business stakeholders, development team members, 3rd parties, clients and others as required to deliver IT solutions for the Technical side of the business
- Recognise, contract with and then manage 3rd parties to deliver solutions for our client.
- Ensure projects create all necessary documentation to enable the IT Service team to fully support the solution after the project has concluded
- Adapt communication to language that is appropriate to the audience, which is especially critical for non-technical staff.
Key Skills & Experience
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Prince 2, Agile or an equivalent project management qualification
- Previous Business Analysis training
- Excellent problem analysis, system design, troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Project planning, estimation, requirements gathering and business case writing skills
- 3rd party supplier selection, contracting and management.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
The following skills and experience are desirable but not essential:
- Computer Science or similar technology-based degree or equivalent
- Understanding of SDLC
- Delivery of secure B2B information sharing platforms such as Extranets
- Previous experience working with IT Development teams
- Previous experience within a professional services industry would be ideal but is not essential
For more details, can you please call our office and speak to Raj on 0333 358 3241.