Magento Developer – Outstanding Opportunity
£30,000 - £48,000
Magento Developer – Central London
If you are currently looking for an exciting opportunity in a major luxury brand as a Magento Developer then we might have the perfect job for you. We are looking for any level Magento developer to join our client. The role offers some excellent perks and a good working environment. If this sounds like something you would be interested in then please read on…..
The objective of this role is to support our client with their current Magento Enterprise application and Node.js presentation platform by collaborating with the rest of the Multichannel and Core Systems teams. Having a creative mind-set is essential, as making vital recommendations, and applying the best practice design patterns are an essential part of the role. You will be a role model to other developers, letting your knowledge and can-do attitude shine through. You will display a top-tier service in your work, towards your colleagues and towards their customers. Your ability to communicate to people of all levels and technical ability in a positive and friendly manner is imperative.
- Work with the project management team daily to support current and future developments, ensuring that any new features are delivered within timescales and on budget.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in web technologies and continuously evaluate a road map to ensure the business stays current.
- Translating user requirements into functional design specifications and working with-in the scrum team to estimate accurate timescales during sprint planning.
- Have a good understanding and can liaise and advise on systems integration with the Core Systems development team.
- Work closely with QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to, including CI, DVCS and release management.
- Providing training to users of any new or existing systems and working with them to ensure they fully utilize the functionality available to them.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Git version control – Working experience using git and Github
- OOP PHP – Substantial experience developing in PHP applications using object oriented programming principles. We have Laravell and Cake applications as well as Magento.
- Magento Developer – A minimum of a 2 years’ experience as a Magento Developer
- LAMP Stack – An understanding of the LAMP stack with an ability to debug issues on a production environment.
- HTML/CSS – Comfortable creating templates and making minor styling amends.
- SQL – Complete confidence creating, querying and updating relational databases.
- XML – Experience of creating, using and manipulating XML.
- JSON – Experience using and interacting with JSON Objects.
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
Skills and personal attributes required
- Able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels; ability to present is desirable. Must be able to show leadership skills and good team communications.
- Liaising with third parties internally and externally to discuss integration of the product.
- Non-technical skills required are being a collaborative team player, can-do attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team, approachable and pragmatic.
- Must have a natural thirst for technology and anything digital, as part of your role is to evolve the company’s digital landscape.
For more details, please contact us here at Ivy Blu. Alternatively, please apply to this advert with your CV early to avoid any disappointment.