Lead Developer – Leicester – 50K
We are looking for an experienced Lead Developer to join a well-established IT Development team for a Sunday Times best company to work for. Over the last two years my client has reaped the rewards of having an in-house software team which has led to growing demand from other parts of the business for new internal and external facing systems.
My client is at an exciting point in their software journey. They have multiple upcoming projects ranging from a new generation of responsive websites to a redesign of all databases, alongside these they have a whole suite of web applications that are essential to the operation of the company.
The ideal Lead Developer will be skilled in the following:
- C# ASP.Net MVC (4+/Core)
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, performance tuning),
- Entity Framework (or similar ORM)
- JQuery, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Source control and work item management software.
- WCF or Web Services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Developer will include:
- Be responsible for line-management of 3-5 permanent staff.
- Lead developers and improve their technical skill set.
- Own projects from a development perspective.
- Code, test, debug and document software according to the business requirements.
- Develop, maintain and assist with support of existing in-house systems.
- Provide reporting and analysis as required.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments and ensure existing systems are kept up to date with latest development frameworks and server technologies
- Ideal candidates should demonstrate a strong track record in developing solutions solely and within a team environment.
Benefits of joining the IT team include:
- A new state-of-the-art office
- A new embracing approach to new technologies
- A 10x increase in the training budget
- A brand new virtualised infrastructure to replace all existing development servers
If you would like to discuss this Lead Developer role further then please give Aman a call on 0333 358 3241