Junior Developer – Top Digital Business – Award Winning – Hampshire – 25K
The team produce a wide range of digital assets from responsive emails through to CRM integrated websites, including apps, micro-sites and kiosks. They provide a full service model working collaboratively with In house Project Management Team, Creative Department and Copy Writers.
Their Development Team work on the whole end to end Development process and ensure that they deliver, test and maintain to the highest quality output to meet their clients’ needs. They also provide Hosting, Support and Maintenance Packages all of which are managed by their Development Team.
About the role
As a Junior Developer, you will be joining a team of experienced Developers, so good communication skills and team spirit is vital. You will be responsible a broad range of supporting services to the Development team and where appropriate to the broader Digital Department. These will include: Junior Developer tasks, Email Creation, Global Digital Publishing Development, CMS stocking, Ticket Maintenance, Testing and QA, Media Ad Placement, Google Analytics set up and reporting, Managing Mail, and overflow work from our hybrid agency studios.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with project managers to scope and deliver costs on new project requests
- Positioning yourself as the go-to person for any Maintenance and Support related issues
- Responsible for Maintenance and Support tickets process
- Resolving small ticket tasks, with view of within 3 months working on more complicated issues
- Attendance of Daily Dev and PM stand up and week ahead meetings
- Small Bug fixes such as typos on landing pages and fixes that involve a small amount of code
- Within 3 months to be able to advise on technical solutions to meet small project needs
- Within 6 months to be able to advise on technical solution to meet medium project needs
- Use of a variety of CMS and Content Stocking when required
- Support to our Global Digital Publishing Team
- Creation of emails for a variety of clients
- Email and website reporting
- Testing and QA
- Set up of Google Analytics and Google Analytics reporting
- Support to the Dev and Media team working on Media Ad placements
- Managing Mail
- General duties supporting the Development Team
- Basic SEO duties
- Adhoc duties to support the broader Digital Department
Preferred skills and experience
- Enthusiastic about technology with a passion to learn new skills
- Preferred but not essential knowledge of Back End technologies such as PHP or ASP.NET
- Theoretical knowledge of Web Development, Technology and Digital
- Self-starter, highly motivated team player.
- Passionate about and able to keep up to date with the latest technologies and practices
- Ability to think creatively to business solutions
- Great communication skills at a technical and non-technical level.
- Experience of CMS
- Basic skills using Illustrator / Photoshop
- Familiarity with web standards
For more details please call Jamie Austin on 0333 358 3241.