We are looking for an IT Technician to join the Infrastructure team in the west midlands office. Fancy an entry level IT role but with an award winning software company? Want to work in cool offices and with great technology? Want that proper career in IT?
Than please read on…..
Reporting into the Head of Infrastructure, our IT Technicians are the first point of contact for all employee IT related issues via phone, remote access tools and on site. Experience in 1st Line IT Support would be beneficial along with good communication skills.
Key responsibilities in the role are:
• Keeping asset information up to date
• Being the first point of contact for server alerts and IT related calls
• Troubleshooting and logging all technical issues via telephone and remote login assistance
• Carrying out user PC builds
• Maintaining various desktop operating systems including Windows 7,8,10 and Mac 10.5+
• Setting up new starter desks with appropriate equipment such as monitors, monitor brackets, PCs, and network cable patching
• Ensuring compliance with the Company’s internal and external IT security policies
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work to internal and client SLA’s
• Knowledge of Windows PC administration
• Good working knowledge of PC, laptop, and printer hardware and troubleshooting
• Proactive and reactive problem-solving skills
• Up-to-date knowledge of technologies
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Good eye for detail and following procedures
• Working within a team and on own using your own initiative
• Excellent written and verbal English language
Although not essential, Office 365, AD Administration would be a distinct advantage, as would some Apple Mac/iPhone knowledge.
We are also looking for someone who:
• Is commercially aware
• Is a self-starter with a “can do” attitude
• Has integrity and persistence
• Is proactive, forward thinking and innovative
• Is approachable and friendly
• Is results oriented
• Has the ability to effectively help and manage clients and colleagues at all levels
For the right candidate this is a great entry point into a fast growing and forward thinking business, with the opportunity to develop and grow both personally and professionally as the Company continues to evolve.