Front-End Engineer – Central London – 6 Month FTC
The primary role is to support our clients Development team in maintaining and developing its digital presence across multiple platforms. Working with the Online and IT departments in contributing and developing their website which utilises Magento, WordPress and a new React, Redux frontend which they aim to drive all web traffic through. A creative, collaborative and digital mind-set is key. The candidate will have at least 2 years commercial experience working on a variety of sizeable projects in an agile environment. They will have experience in responsive web design and the ability to show creative flare, an eye for design and a grounded UX mind-set. You will be self-organised, able to make key decisions within your area on behalf of the department and report to senior management on a regular basis.
Key Objectives (responsibilities)
- Assist the business in its development of the Magento Enterprise, WordPress, Express/React and any other platforms that are introduced to the company’s web ecosystem.
- Work with the project management team on a daily basis on current and future developments, delivered within timescales and on budget.
- Keep abreast of the latest web technologies and developments and continuously help evolve their digital landscape in an innovative manor.
- Working with the UX and product team on translating user requirements into workable specifications so the team can estimate accurate time scales during the sprint and analysis stage.
- Have a good understanding of their multichannel infrastructure in order to make knowledgeable decisions when developing new features.
- Ability to think ahead and understand the impact of work is key.
- Have a strong background of QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to.
- Providing training to users of new systems in terms of CMS capabilities. Ensuring users fully utilize system functionality.
- Helping users with change-management and content publishing.
- Be a dependable go to person for all web development tasks. No task is too big or too small.
- Assist the business in the vision to move to a cloud service architecture which will allow them to support a larger operation and website.
- Expert in HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Video
- Extensive experience with responsive web design, ability to advise on best practice
- Experience using node.js and frontend build tools such as Grunt, Gulp or Broccoli.
- Basic knowledge of PHP
- Understanding of OOP principles and techniques
- Understanding of XSS attacks and how to safeguard against them
- Experience working on a LAMP and node stack
- Comfortable with the command line
- Good working knowledge of modern VCS systems especially git
Desirable Technical Expertise
- Experience working on an ecommerce platform such as Magento
- Understanding of SEO, ability to advise on best practise and impact
Skills and Personal Attributes required
- Able to communicate with internal stakeholders confidently at all levels, ability to present is desirable. Must be able to show pride in their work and good team communications.
- Manage workload between projects and business as usual support tickets.
- Liaising with third parties internally and externally to discuss integration of the product.
- Being a collaborative team player, can do attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team, approachable and pragmatic.
- Must have a natural thirst for new technology and anything digital, part of your role is to evolve the company’s digital landscape.
For more information please give Joe a call on 0333 358 3241!