Front End Developer – North East – 28 – 38K
28,000 - 38,000
We are working with a large commercial establishment, who are looking to expand their software development and graphic design teams.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing responsive user interfaces for web and mobile applications. You will be involved from the concept stage, through to design and implementation of the project before the handover to the software development team to integrate it with the back end solution. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Working with stakeholders to wireframe user interfaces to meet the project requirements and ensure cross platform compatibility and responsiveness.
- Review requirements and wireframes with graphics design to allow them to produce visuals for the software.
- Ensure that all designs produced will be suitable for implementation against criteria such as:
- Responsiveness, Translations, Accessibility
- Performance, Security, Bookmarking
- Rebranding, Validation
- Iteratively develop using HTML, CSS (LESS), JS (Typescript), AngularJS.
- Develop client side tests for all client side features (Jasmine).
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Integrate with RESTful APIs as required.
- Participate in all SCRUM activities including effort estimation, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives
- Work to PBIs and track tasks and effort with the SCRUM team, reporting all impediments and issues to the SCRUM master in a timely manner.
- Work with testers to ensure all UI features are covered by test cases and provide detailed information on functionality, user interaction and device transformations.
- 3 years minimum UI development experience.
- Experience with smart phone app development in CSS, html and JS utilising tools such as Cordova
- AngularJS development experience
- Other framework experience or exposure – KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as GIMP or Photoshop is a plus.
- Client side testing experience
- CSS pre-processor experience (LESS or SASS)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
To be considered for this role, please apply or contact us on 0333 358 3241.