IT Engineer – Surrey – 35 – 40K
35,000 - 40,000
Due to company expansion, our client are now recruiting for a full-time IT Engineer. Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will own and manage all the IT related activities for their group of companies, supporting the efficient running 100 staff members across Europe.
Your direct manager will be the Head of Operations, who has held these responsibilities until now. There will therefore be a period of training, and detailed handover of responsibilities to the successful candidate. The role would suit an individual with some experience working in an IT support environment, looking to step into their first IT Engineer role, or a graduate with an IT qualification. We would also be open to those with more experience wanting to work in a ‘hands on’ and practical environment.
The core hours of the role will be 09:00 – 17:30, Monday-Friday. In order to support disaster recovery, you will be expected to be contactable outside of these hours in the event of a failure in systems. The salary for this role will depend on the experience of the candidate.
Responsibilities will include
- Day-to-day first line and second line support
- Ensuring continuity of service from all suppliers
- Maintaining disaster recovery plans and backups
- Management of suppliers in many areas, including outsourced IT functions, and telecoms.
- New staff equipment setup, and leaving staff equipment decommission
- Inventory management, regular device health checks
- Procurement of all hardware and software
- Management of company social media platforms
- Management and updating of company websites
- Evaluating new and existing systems in line with company requirements
- Promoting new and efficient methods to use IT to improve processes
- Project management, implementing new systems
- Managing the IT budget
- Be available for contact outside of hours in the event of system failures
The role would suit an individual with some experience working in an IT support environment, they would also be open to those with more experience wanting to work in a ‘hands on’ and practical environment.
The role will require the individual to use their initiative to problem solve, learn new skills, and develop new solutions and systems.
Technical Experience of using any of the following systems would be useful, but not required:
- Microsoft Server 2012, Active Directory
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Google Apps
- HTML, Website Design
- TCP/IP, DCHP, DNS, LAN/WAN, Firewalls, VPNs.
- Sage Accounts 50
- SQL Server
- Windows 10, and macOS X
- Apple iPhone / iPad / iOS
- VMware Airwatch MDM Administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Good evaluation skills
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Confidence in decision-making
- A good team-playing mentality
- Good leadership skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Language skills, particularly French or Italian would be very useful.
- On occasion, the ability to work extra hours to get the job done
For immediate consideration, please get in touch with the team on 0333 358 3241.