BUSINESS ANALYST (ECOMMERCE) – 12 MONTHS FTC – LONDON – 58K
BUSINESS ANALYST (ECOMMERCE) – 12 MONTHS FTC – London-58K
Are you a Business Analyst who has experience in e-commerce re-platform projects? Do you want to make a successful next career move with one of the leading high-end retail business?
We are seeking an experienced business analyst to join the growing organization. In this position, you will analyse existing systems for improvement, recommend new system processes, and keep detailed reports of all structural and process changes. You must follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase performance and revenue. You also work with the rest of the team to help shape an IT strategy that will ensure we deliver solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity.
The role is focused on a project to move away from the current Magento 1 infrastructure to a new state-of-the-art platform.
It’s a 12 months fixed term contract role and there is a chance that it will extend or become permanent.
Role & Responsibilities-
- Analyse the structure of a business, how it uses technology and what its goals are
- Identify problems within a business, including through using data modelling techniques
- Communicate with senior people in organisations to find out what they hope to achieve
- Formulate ways for businesses to improve, based on previous research
- Communicate extensively with users, leading workshops and training sessions, analysing existing systems with a view to specifying changes to third party solutions, and/or business processes
- Capture user requirements and produce business process documentation and functional design specifications
- Ensure any new solution fully integrates with the existing systems
- Assessing third party solutions for technical and business suitability
- Coordinating with the Project Manager, manage the project lifecycle from beginning through to completion
- Provide advice on a testing schedule for the complete system and provide expertise to enable effective UAT
- Provide appropriate documentation to ensure solutions are understood by those who support the application and users
- Advise users regarding change management
- Work with L&D to ensure accurate and useful training material is produced
- Stay up to date with the market research and development
- Hands on experience with Prince2 and/or Agile (Scrum/Kanban) preferred
- Working knowledge of re-platforming websites, preferably from Magento 1
- Experience with in-depth commercial knowledge of at least one business area: Ecommerce, Retail, data integration/master data management
- Experience in Business Process mapping
- Exposure to assessing processes, capturing requirements, recommending solutions and process improvements, undertaking system testing, co-ordinating UAT, as well. as providing internal and third party package knowledge.
- Knowledge of web platform, SQL, XML would be beneficial
- Some exposure to system development
- Excellent planning and organising skills, while being flexible in approach in order to adapt to changing business priorities
- Retail experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused
- Ability to build working relationships
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong business sense with business and functional knowledge
- Have a clear methodical approach
- Heavy staff discount on our products
- Heavily subsidised Travelcard
- Occasional parties, events
- Seasonal staff parties, corporate and team events
If you are a Business Analyst and you have some retail experience, we would be very interested in seeing your CV. For more details, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0333 358 3241.