1st Line IT Support – West Midlands
About the Job:
Due to continued growth, our client who is an award-winning Cloud and IT managed services provider, based in the West Midlands, is looking for an outstanding IT support technician.
You will be part of a forward-thinking, ambitious company that is entering its next level of growth. To be considered for this role you must have a passion for technology, have worked in a customer service environment and possess exceptional communication skills.
The role is to assist the customer to find the solution to any problem or question that they ask of the department. When a customer is having a bad day it is their job to make that day better and to leave the customer thinking that the company really made a difference.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
– Answer inbound support telephone calls and then offer live support.
– Update Helpdesk Ticket system.
– Be responsible for personal ticket queue, updates and completing tasks with agreed SLA.
– Provide a friendly and helpful first point of contact for clients.
– Manage personal ticket queue ensuring all information is logged and explained clearly to clients
– Be able to manage time to contact clients back within appropriate timescales to meet SLAs.
– Able to listen to client issues, note key information and be patient with client conversations
– Confident manner, enjoys helping clients and talking them through problems.
– Able to write detailed and explanatory notes of conversation to ensure all information is recorded on the Helpdesk system.
– Promote a “Can Do” attitude, show how to look for solutions and not problems.
– Maintain standards of Help Desk Tickets, up to date, written clearly, relevant.
– Maintain tidy and safe office, desk, work shop.
– Take action on requests verbally from clients and Account Managers so they are not missed.
– Windows 10, 8 and 7. Knowledge of OS use, configurations, locations of settings.
Familiarity to talk a client through the OS interface without seeing a screen.
– Microsoft Office – 2013, 2010. Working knowledge of Outlook configurations for Exchange, Office 365, IMAP and POP
– Active Directory – Change passwords, update user objects settings, create new users.
– Microsoft Exchange Server – 2013, 2010, 2007. Create new users, update email addresses, change forwarding, add additional email addresses, check mailbox sizes.
– Able to use CHKDSK, SFC, DEFRAG, AUTORUNS, Event Logs and Manufacturer Diagnostics on Windows Computers.
– Experience of Mac OSX and mobile device operating systems.
For more details, please call Vinay on 0333 358 3241.