1st Line IT Support Analyst – Essex – 18 – 20K
18,000 - 20,000
1st Line IT Support Analyst – Essex
We are working with an established IT support business, who are now looking for a 1st Line IT Support Analyst to be a part of their active IT team. This person will be responsible for the delivery and support of all 1st line remote and on-site support to a range of different customers in a multitude of industries. Ability to log support calls via our in-house ticketing system, and preparing systems for deployment, as well as undertaking upgrade projects. You will also be required to report to the Helpdesk Managers each day, ensuring problems are effectively communicated across all levels.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 & 2012 and Windows 7, 8 & 10.
- Ability to provide support to those using Microsoft Office applications.
- Administration experience of Windows servers including Active Directory, Group Policy, User profiles and folder redirection.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of backup technologies.
- An understanding of virtualisation technology in all environments (VMware, Hyper-V or Xenserver)
- IPv4 Networking Technologies – understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, DHCP, DNS and network security (proxy servers, firewalls).
- Experience of configuring and supporting networked and local (USB) printers.
- An understanding about networking, implementing a network, cabling, configuring routers, switches etc….
- Experience in configuring anti-virus solutions, email and web filtering, remote access security, firewalls, intrusion detection, password controls and security management.
- Ability to support smartphone users
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation and record information in the service desk system. Create Help Guides, Knowledgebase documents, and change documents.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to build rapport.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, driven by the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Ability to organise and execute team objectives and plans.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage assigned workload and priorities.
- Flexibility to take on new products, services, strategies, ways of working etc.
- Ability to proactively research alternatives and solutions to issues and take action.
- Excellent telephone manner and communicator at all levels.
- Car owner with a clean driving license, and willingness to travel within the UK.
- Using a CRM for managing incident, change and problem management/resolution in a support role.
- Technical experience in supporting Dell and HP server hardware.
- Strong ability to support and configure Microsoft cloud-based solutions, such as Office 365, AWS etc….
- Knowledge of data storage technologies (SAN/NAS).
- Experience with proactive monitoring tools such as NABLE
- Experience in supporting analogue, digital and IP telephony.
- Experience of centralised IT services and disaster recovery.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS etc).
For immediate consideration please apply or get in touch with Vinay on 0333 358 3241