1st Line Retail Support Analyst – Essex – 18k
To be responsible for the delivery and support of 1st Line remote and on-site Retail Pro support to a range of different customers in the Retail industry ranging in various vertical markets such as apparel, jewelry, footwear plus many more. All support calls are to be logged and up to date via our in-house ticketing system. We also provide IT support meaning a good IT background is required. Retail Pro is a EPOS & Stock Management solution and having exposure to the solution or something alike, and/or certification on versions 8 series or 9 series would be very beneficial.
Dealing with issues quickly and effectively, and escalating service requests to Line 2 when required. You will also be required to report to the Helpdesk Managers each day, ensuring problems are effectively communicated across all levels.
Desired Skills & Experience
Do you tick our boxes?
- Retail Solutions experience, preferably with Retail Pro however alternate solutions would also show an understanding of supporting an epos and stock management solution.
- Experience with POS hardware i.e. receipt printers, touch screens, all in one units, stock take scanners, credit card devices.
- Exposure to a helpdesk working environment
- Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 & 2012 and Windows 7, 8 & 10.
- Ability to provide support to those using Microsoft Office applications.
- IPv4 Networking Technologies – understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, DHCP, DNS and network security (proxy servers, firewalls).
- Experience of configuring and supporting networked and local (USB) printers.
- An understanding about networking, implementing a network, cabling, configuring routers, switches etc….
- Experience in configuring anti-virus solutions, email and web filtering, remote access security, firewalls, intrusion detection, password controls and security management.
- Ability to support smartphone users
- Quick learn, eager to learn and hard working
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to provide clear and concise documentation and record information in the service desk system. Create Help Guides, Knowledgebase documents, and change documents.
- Excellent customer focus and ability to build rapport.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, driven by the achievement of agreed objectives.
- Ability to organize and execute team objectives and plans.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage assigned workload and priorities.
- Flexibility to take on new products, services, strategies, ways of working etc.
- Ability to proactively research alternatives and solutions to issues and take action.
- Excellent telephone manner and communicator at all levels.
- Excellent Grammar and customer service skills
- Car owner with a clean driving license, and willingness to travel within the UK.
Above and beyond:
- Having knowledge of connectwise and used it before
- Experience with proactive monitoring tools such as NABLE
- CSS Skills
- SQL Skills
- Oracle Skills
- Retail Pro Certified